Five explosions in and around Baghdad killed at least 12 people on Saturday and wounded 27 others, police and medical sources said.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility, but Islamic State regularly targets civilian areas
A petition calling for a Family Law for Bahrain’s Shi’ite community was submitted to a United Nation’s (UN) office yesterday (November 25), coinciding with the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women.
An anti-sectarian campaign has been launched by a group of young Bahrainis, who hope to unite the country in the wake of terror threats.
The online initiative, #NoToSectarianism, is being spearheaded by Bahraini photographer Ebrah
Allegations that Bahrain's Shi'ite community suffers from economic discrimination have been disputed in a report compiled by an independent expert, who accuses opposition groups of lying about the extent of hardships being faced.
Bahrain's foreign minister yesterday accused Iran of eyeing the country as 'the crown jewel' in a campaign to penetrate the Gulf, and called for Arab support in confronting Tehran, according to official Egyptian media.
Sunnis constitute 51 per cent of total Bahraini citizens, with Shi’ites accounting for the remaining 49 per cent, a special research team has found following a study conducted Al Jazeera.net website.
The research, conducted between July 4
Yemeni Shi'ite rebels opened fire on government troops sent to quell fighting between the rebels and pro-government tribes, a government official said, threatening a truce in the country's civil war.
Tensions between the rebels and tribes
Shi'ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr has emerged as potential kingmaker in Iraq's new government, threatening to alter the country's political landscape.
Initial results from the March 7 parliamentary vote show the Iraqi national all
Yemeni troops should start to deploy along the Saudi border from Saturday in line with a truce deal with Shi'ite rebels fighting both the Yemeni and Saudi governments, a member of a committee overseeing the truce said on Thursday.
Yemeni Shi'ite rebels denied an assassination attempt on an Interior Ministry official which took place on Friday, only hours after a ceasefire agreement, Al Jazeera television reported on Saturday.
Yemen's government and rebel leader Abdu