Dubai Holding eyes TAIB stake
Manama, May 28, 2007
Dubai Holding is in talks to buy a controlling stake in Bahrain's TAIB Bank, officials at the investment bank said.
TAIB said on May 17 it was considering selling a controlling stake to an investor and asked the bourse to suspend trading of its shares. It did not identify the suitor.
Two TAIB officials, fund administrator Khalil Rasool and portfolio analyst Batool Al Hussaini, said that it was Dubai Holding.
TAIB, established as a private bank in Bahrain in 1979 and listed on the bourse since 1994, specialises in wealth management and investment banking. Shares of the bank rose 14.3 per cent in the six trading days to May 13.
It posted a fourth-quarter profit of $5.1 million (BD1.9m), up from $2.3m a year earlier. Its profit in 2006 increased nearly 20pc to $22.4m.
The bank had announced the profitable sale of two US properties for $67.4m in the fourth quarter. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Egypt regulator sets rules for index
- Dubai Islamic eyes Kenya, Indonesia for expansion
- ADCB to buy back 3pc of its shares
- GCC insurance growth outpaces developed markets
- Bahrain 'faces budget deficit, inflation challenges'
- Global Payment Services wins key certification
- BBK unveils big India expansion plans
- Kuwait GDP growth to hit 3.5pc in 2014
- Gulf shares tumble over EM exposure cut
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment