Emivest launches investment arm
Dubai, August 8, 2007
Emirates Investment and Development Company (Emivest) has created a new investment arm to source new investment and to provide corporate and advisory services.
Emivest Capital will focus on fund management, private equity, asset management and investment in pre-IPOs and IPOs in local and international markets in different sectors.
As a strategic corporate and advisory services provider, Emivest Capital will render services in Implementation of corporate governance, restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, market development services, investment advisory services etc.
Buti Saeed Al Ghandi, chairman of Emivest, said: “Emivest believes in the value of multiple perspectives on industry, geography, size and human resource levels and we strive to consolidate these to provide maximum benefit to our clients.”
Tarek Niazi, Group CEO of Emivest revealed that the new unit will expand its operational network locally, regionally and in international markets.
“Emivest’s success records over the past 10 years have inspired confidence and attracted investors to seek our services. For instance, the operating profits of Emivest subsidiaries have doubled in value year on year over the past three years and new and international investments made year to date, manifests solid growth of return on equity,” he said.
Anthony Power, head of Emivest Capital and concurrently chief investment officer of Emivest, stated: “We trust that solid research is fundamental to sound investment decisions. Market intelligence is very crucial to us. In addition our investment professionals go the distance to determine the unique value-add and value-chain benefits that any one investment would bring. The integration of existing components with a new insight is critical to maintain our innovative leadership in the market.”
“Based on the knowledge that we have gained over the years, we are trying to create a value added proposition to shareholders with new investment opportunities.”
Emivest Capital will be launching hedge funds, healthcare fund and opportunistic funds in a very short period of time. The size of the funds will vary from $500 million to $1 billion depending on the need. Emivest Capital will have a solid research based workforce.
Emivest Capital would align itself with global partners and expects to be a leader in this industry in a short span of time. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Saudi inflation plunges to four-year low
- UAE investment appetite 'strengthens' says expert
- Dubai mulls rule change to woo domiciled funds
- UAE, Abu Dhabi roll over $20bn of Dubai's debt
- Saudi can achieve 4.4pc growth this year
- Emaar listing of retail unit 'within months'
- Dubai Investments nets $29m profits
- Compliance officers facing diverse pressures, says study
- Abu Dhabi finance dept inks deal with Ajman
- Kuwait registers 8pc credit growth
- Bahrain Sico funds net solid returns
- Emaar proposes 15pc cash dividends
- ABG units win top Islamic finance award
- Finance House approves 25pc cash dividends
- Qatar 'most expensive country in Gulf'
- Egypt regulator sets rules for index
- Dubai Islamic eyes Kenya, Indonesia for expansion
- ADCB to buy back 3pc of its shares
- GCC insurance growth outpaces developed markets
- Bahrain 'faces budget deficit, inflation challenges'
- Global Payment Services wins key certification
- BBK unveils big India expansion plans
- Kuwait GDP growth to hit 3.5pc in 2014
- Gulf shares tumble over EM exposure cut
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m