Qatar's Commercial in UAB deal
Doha, August 16, 2007
Commercial Bank of Qatar (CBQ) has won initial agreement from shareholders of United Arab Bank (UAB) to buy a "significant" stake.
The bank said it will also manage the UAE lender.
The Qatari bank said in a statement it agreed with the Sharjah-based UAB "and with a number of major shareholders, which provide for CBQ to acquire a significant shareholding in UAB, and to enter into a Management Services Agreement."
It did not provide details. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson