Barclays opens new unit in UAE
Dubai, August 20, 2007
Barclays has opened its second electronic banking unit at Healthcare City in Dubai, the bank said in a statement.
The bank’s first first electronic banking unit in the emirate was launched at Bank Street, Bur Dubai, in June 2007.
By the end of 2007, Barclays Bank is planning to launch further branches and service centres as part of its Gulf states expansion and commitment to the region, the statement said.
The new Healthcare City unit will enable customers to conduct their banking through dedicated Relationship Managers from 8am to 8pm, Saturday through Thursday. Barclays will immediately handover Welcome Packs to new account holders containing their debit card and cheque book.
Customers will be able to complete basic account enquiries, obtain duplicate statements, request for issuance of pay-orders, utilise NRI banking facilities, submit requests for fund transfers and subscribe to fixed deposit services. They will also be able to deposit cheques into their account or towards payment of their Barclaycard, UAE.
"Once again, Barclays is striving to meet its customers expectations and making banking easier for them. As we grow our network with electronic units such as this in Health Care City, we will further improve accessibility and service delivery for our customers,” said Farhan Waheed, head of retail branch banking, UAE. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013