EIIB moves to new Bahrain office
Manama, September 2, 2007
The European Islamic Investment Bank (EIIB) has moved to new offices in Bahrain in line with its strategic growth and investment plans for the region.
It is the first independent, Sharia’a compliant Islamic investment bank to be authorised and regulated by the UK Financial Services Authority,
The office is located at 14th Floor, Al Zamil Tower.
EIIB have recently hired additional key personnel to the Bahrain operation which further emphasises its steady growth and development within the Middle East.
EIIB was incorporated in January 2005 and received its authorisation by the FSA in March 2006. In April, it opened for business, and in May completed its IPO and was admitted to London’s AIM market.
Headquartered in London, EIIB’s range of products and services include the following Sharia’a compliant investment banking activities:
- Islamic Treasury and Capital Markets
- Asset Management, including Private Banking
- Structured Trade Finance
- Corporate Finance and Advisory
- Sharia’a Advisory.
EIIB aims to deliver a full range of alternative investment opportunities, enabling Islamic investors to construct balanced and sophisticated portfolios which can access a full range of asset classes internationally.
EIIB will seek to service a market for Sharia’a compliant investment banking services in Europe, the Middle East and Asia that it believes has been under-exploited by conventional and Islamic banks, and by non-banking institutions.
EIIB intends to become a major participant in the market for Islamic securities, treasury and investment products, which is currently experiencing rapid growth.
The founding shareholders of EIIB include Gulf based individuals and institutions, including a number of Islamic banks, as well as individuals and companies based in Europe.
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai non-oil trade soars to $362bn in 2013
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook