New senior posting at Credit Suisse
Dubai, September 5, 2007
Credit Suisse has announced the appointment of Bassam Yammine as a managing director and co-chief executive officer of its Middle East operations.
He will also be head of the Investment Banking and Asset Management businesses in the Middle East and North Africa (Mena) region.
He will report to Fawzi Kyriakos-Saad, chief executive officer of Emerging Markets in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region. Bassam will be based in Dubai and Riyadh.
As Co-CEO of Credit Suisse in the Middle East, Yammine will work closely with Bruno Daher, Co-CEO of the Middle East and head of the Private Banking business in the Middle East. Together, they are responsible for leading the group's banking businesses in the Mena region, including the Investment Banking, Private Banking and Asset Management businesses to deliver the integrated bank to our clients in the region.
Michael Philipp, chairman and chief executive officer of Credit Suisse in EMEA said: "We look forward to welcoming Bassam to Credit Suisse. Credit Suisse considers the Middle East a key growth market and an important driver of international investment around the world. This senior appointment reflects our long-term commitment to our clients in the region."
Fawzi Kyriakos-Saad, chief executive officer of Emerging Markets in the EMEA region for Credit Suisse added: "Bassam is a talented banker who brings a deep understanding of the region. We look forward to sharing the benefit of his experience with our clients and bankers."
Yammine joins Credit Suisse after a distinguished career in the region. Most recently, he was founder and CEO of Audi Saudi Arabia, managing the regional investment banking business for Audi Saradar Group, one of the largest banking groups in Lebanon. Prior to that role, Yammine spent seven years with Lebanon Invest Sal, the first investment bank in Lebanon from 1994-2001, which was acquired by Bank Audi in 2001. He held several senior roles with Lebanon Invest, including general manager and member of the board, advising on numerous transactions, including M&A, equity and debt financings. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals