Qatar Commercial to buy 40pc of UAB
Dubai, September 23, 2007
Commercial Bank of Qatar won initial approval from the UAE and Qatar authorities to buy 40 percent of Sharjah-based United Arab Bank at 7.75 dirhams ($2.11) per share, United Arab said.
The transaction will be completed by the end of November, the UAE lender said in a statement on Sunday.- Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3
- UAE business activity growth hits record high
- Global Islamic banking assets ‘set to top $1.7trn’
- Egypt back in business, says new survey
- United Arab Bank backs UAE-Turkey business
- Islamic finance 'facing integration challenge'
- Bahrain tops in developed Islamic finance sector