Meet to focus on $1trillion project finance market
Dubai, December 11, 2007
Fleming Gulf will hold its 4th Annual Middle East Project Finance Conference from May 26–28, 2008 in Dubai.
The meet will convene more than 170 senior executive heads representing the international banking, finance and investment; and key oil & gas, petrochemical, utilities and infrastructure sectors, the company said in a statement.
The meet will see discussions on the latest mechanisms for financing complex transactions and outlook for the next wave of mega-deals thereby cementing and reinforcing the status that the conference acquired over the last three years, it said.
With project finance deals worth $1 trillion underway or in the pipeline, Middle East is indeed emerging as a strategic global hub for project financing, Zenab Husain, senior conference producer with Fleming Gulf said.
These spurring and exponential developments in each industrial segment of Middle East– oil & gas, petrochemicals, infrastructure, utilities & real estate are substantial enough to place the region second only to China as a focus for project finance over the next years. As the business has transferred dramatically from past few decades, there seems to be no dearth for project finance opportunities and such prosperity is likely to continue at the same pace over next decade or longer, Husain added.--TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Islamic Development Bank triples capital
- Emirates NBD launches $1bn bond
- Kuwait budget surplus may hit $52 billion
- Peru road shows target Mideast markets
- EFG Hermes Q1 net profit up 27pc
- ADCB sells $300m of subordinated bonds
- Standard Chartered’s credit card wins award
- Emirates NBD seals Dubai tower deal
- Dar Al Arkan raises $450m from sukuk sale
- Barclays advises on equities over bonds