Top companies invited for Pan-Arab Conference
Dubai, January 2, 2008
The steering committee of the 27th General Arab Insurance Federation (GAIF) has officially extended an invitation to local companies to showcase their products and services in the GAIF Insurance Conference Exhibition.
The three-day exhibition will be taking place on the sidelines of the 27th GAIF Conference, which is being held in Bahrain under the patronage of prime minister Shaikh Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa, from February 26 to 28, 2008.
The biennial conference - widely regarded as the Arab world’s most important insurance industry event - will draw around 1,000 participants representing the elite of Pan-Arab insurance sector.
Companies, both in the insurance industry and those seeking optimum exposure within the Pan-Arab insurance sector, are strongly encouraged to exhibit alongside their regional counterparts - in tandem with the conference theme “Towards A more Integrated Arab Insurance Market”.
"The success of this event depends on the collaborative effort of all local sectors, including that of local corporations, governmental, and non-governmental organisations. We are mobilising all resources to ensure that this Conference will be successful, memorable, and truly reflect the image of Bahrain and its people," said chairman of Bahrain Insurance Association (BIA), which is the official host of the GAIF 2008 Conference, Ashraf Bseisu.
The GAIF Conference has garnered the support of Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB). The event’s lead sponsor is the Arab Insurance Group (Arig) and the Bahrain Economic Development Board (EDB) is the strategic partner.
Gold sponsors include Bahrain National Insurance, AON Middle East, AXA Insurance, Bahrain Institute of Banking & Finance (BIBF), Solidarity, Swiss Re and Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC). Silver sponsors include Takaful International, Crescent Global Insurance Services, KPMG Fakhro, The Chartered Insurance Institute and Ernst & Young; and Bahrain credit is a bronze sponsor.
Function sponsors include Nasco Karaoglan, Medgulf, Trust International, Arab War Risks Insurance Syndicate (AWRIS), Bahrain Kuwait Insurance Company and Doha Insurance Company.
Media sponsors are: Al Bayan, Al Morakeb Al Inmai, Insure, Investors Magazine, Middle East Insurance Review and POLICY Magazine.
ZAIN is sponsoring the designated wi-max zone, and Gulf Air is the official carrier of the conference.- TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award