CBO issues $565.3m certificates
Muscat, March 1, 2008
Central Bank of Oman (CBO) last week issued certificates of tender deposit worth RO217.8 million ($565.3m).
A bulletin issued by the CBO said the average accepted interest rate of these certificates was 0.82 per cent, while the maximum accepted interest rate was 0.94 per cent, reported Oman Tribune.
The tenor of these certificates is 28 days with maturity date on March 26. The repo on re-purchase operations for the period from February 27 to March 4 is 4.11 per cent, it added.
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson