Barclays opens Abu Dhabi branch
Abu Dhabi, March 25, 2008
Barclays has officially inaugurated its first branch in Abu Dhabi in the presence of guests and employees.
The new branch will offer a wide variety of banking services and complete teller facilities. It is equipped with state of the art cash and cheque deposit machines and includes a Premier Lounge to cater to high net worth individuals, said an official spokesman.
CEO, Barclays Emerging Markets, Ahmed Khizer Khan assisted in the ribbon cutting ceremony and reiterated the bank’s commitment to the UAE and to its capital. He said that the bank’s entry into Abu Dhabi is an extremely important one for Barclays and that a flagship Abu Dhabi branch will be inaugurated in the near future.
“We finally have a branch in the capital of the UAE. This means a lot to us and this is just the beginning. We want to replicate in Abu Dhabi the phenomenal success story we achieved elsewhere in the UAE and across Emerging Markets,” said acting managing director, Barclays UAE, Adnan Malik.
Barclays has been a member of the UAE business community for more than 30 years, and services its clients through a network of 25 ATMs and four sales outlets. It continues to invest heavily in the region and to expand the range of services offered to customers of the bank.
Barclays is a major global financial services provider engaged in retail and commercial banking, credit cards, investment banking, wealth management and investment management services with an extensive international presence in Europe, the US, Africa and Asia.
With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 50 countries. Barclays lends, invests and protects money for over 27 million customers and clients worldwide. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Emaar proposes 15pc cash dividends
- ABG units win top Islamic finance award
- Finance House approves 25pc cash dividends
- Qatar 'most expensive country in Gulf'
- Egypt regulator sets rules for index
- Dubai Islamic eyes Kenya, Indonesia for expansion
- ADCB to buy back 3pc of its shares
- GCC insurance growth outpaces developed markets
- Bahrain 'faces budget deficit, inflation challenges'
- Global Payment Services wins key certification
- BBK unveils big India expansion plans
- Kuwait GDP growth to hit 3.5pc in 2014
- Gulf shares tumble over EM exposure cut
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch