Top Kuwait bank wins buyback approval
Kuwait, April 23, 2008
Commercial Bank of Kuwait, the country's fourth-largest lender by market value, said on Wednesday it had won central bank approval to buy back up to 10 per cent of its stock.
The six-month buyback period starts on May 21, the company said in a statement on the bourse website.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3
- UAE business activity growth hits record high
- Global Islamic banking assets ‘set to top $1.7trn’
- Egypt back in business, says new survey
- United Arab Bank backs UAE-Turkey business
- Islamic finance 'facing integration challenge'
- Bahrain tops in developed Islamic finance sector
- DME sets new trading records