Kipco Q1 net profit soars to $113m
Kuwait, April 26, 2008
Kuwait Projects Company (Kipco), the country's biggest investment company, posted on Saturday first-quarter net profit of KD30 million ($113 million), helped by strong performance of its core operating companies.
Kipco made profit of KD15 million in the same period last year, excluding National Mobile Telecommunications Company and other assets made by the firm, it said in a statement.
The profit growth was helped by Burgan Bank's nine per cent growth in the first quarter, it said.
Earnings per share for the three months ended March 31 was 27 fils per share and total revenues increased to KD135 million from KD78 million in the year-earlier period, it added.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale
- Iraq Trade Bank to expand into Lebanon, Turkey
- UAE’s non-oil job, output levels surge