Visa expands Levant team
Amman, June 10, 2008
Visa has made key changes in its team managing the Levant markets as part of its efforts to boost presence in the region and enhance the company's position as a progressive entity.
In August 2007, Visa appointed Tony Gougassian as the area manager for Qatar and the Levant, region, comprising Lebanon, Jordan, Syria, Iraq and Palestine.
Gougassian joined Visa in March 2005 as a relationship manager. In July 2005, he took over as Qatar country manager, followed by Oman and Bahrain in early 2006. In his capacity, Gougassian led Visa’s strategic business agenda as well as the day-to-day operating activities.
In March this year, Visa appointed Walid Rizk as the country manager for Lebanon and Syria. In his position, Rizk will be responsible for enhancing Visa’s presence in his area of operation.
Rizk was earlier the branch manager of the bank of Beirut. He was responsible for planning and revising the overall bank resources and for creating strategies for expanding and enhancing the bank’s business.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Nexus launches Kuwait operations
- Tunisia may delay sukuk issue to next year
- Al Baraka Turk planning $200m sukuk
- Kuwait April inflation climbs to 2.8pc y/y
- Bahrain Islamic Bank names new chairman
- Oman 'must consider fiscal reforms as priority'
- Qatar Exchange to start trading govt bonds
- NBK opens new branch in UAE
- Dubai utility repays $871m Islamic bond
- Investcorp buys stake in Saudi energy firm