Barclays launches new service
Dubai, June 19, 2008
Barclays has launched a new service targeting the mass affluent market at its flagship branch in Abu Dhabi, which was officially opened today (June 19).
Premier Banking, a global Barclays offering, is designed to give customers a unique blend of luxurious facilities and top service.
UAE Minister for Higher Education and Scientific Research Shaikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan inaugurated the full-service Abu Dhabi branch, which will house a full range of retail and corporate banking services for customers
Barclays officials, led by Barclays Global Retail and Commercial Banking chief executive Frits Seegers attended.
“We are here today to plant the Barclays flag firmly in the ground,” said Barclays Global Retail and Commercial Banking in Emerging Markets chief executive Ahmed Khan. “Our services have long been available in the UAE, but the launch of this flagship branch will offer one-stop banking for all of our customers here in the capital city.”
“The Premier Banking proposition is an incredible offering which will change the way the mass affluent customer banks,” said Barclays Global Retail and Commercial Banking in the UAE managing director Michael Miebach. “We want to ensure our customers have the ultimate environment to make key decisions and hold important meetings. Our aim is to give our customers the best environment in which to conduct their business.”
The enhanced service of Barclays Premier Banking includes individually assigned premier relationship managers and exclusive services like meeting rooms that customers can book from anywhere in the world.
All meeting and conference rooms are equipped with a large variety of facilities, from Internet connection to presentation facilities. Barclays Premier customers in the UAE can benefit from numerous wealth management solutions, preferential finance terms and complimentary access to “Meet and Greet” services and lounges in both the Dubai and Abu Dhabi airports.
“Premier Banking is a global initiative for Barclays that fits perfectly with the desire within the local market for tailored, exclusive service,” said Khan. “Premier Banking will prove highly attractive for our Abu Dhabi customers, and we are eager to launch similar branches across the region.”
In addition to launching Premier Banking and opening the Abu Dhabi flagship branch, Barclays officials also announced the opening of the first Training Academy in the UAE in the same premises. The move will help support the training needs of the new branch and strengthen Barclays overall presence within the Capital.
"The Training Academy will enable us to achieve our goal of developing world class employees who will deliver exceptional service to our customers,” said Hani Hirzallah, head of Human Resources for the UAE and Gulf. “Additionally, the academy will provide greater development opportunities for UAE nationals, thereby creating future leaders and enriching the local market." – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Finance House approves 25pc cash dividends
- Qatar 'most expensive country in Gulf'
- Egypt regulator sets rules for index
- Dubai Islamic eyes Kenya, Indonesia for expansion
- ADCB to buy back 3pc of its shares
- GCC insurance growth outpaces developed markets
- Bahrain 'faces budget deficit, inflation challenges'
- Global Payment Services wins key certification
- BBK unveils big India expansion plans
- Kuwait GDP growth to hit 3.5pc in 2014
- Gulf shares tumble over EM exposure cut
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan