Dubai to host Credit Risk Management Forum
Dubai, June 26, 2008
The Credit Risk Management Forum for Financial Services will discuss the most pressing issues that the industry faces and exchange ideas and case studies.
The event will be organised by Fleming Gulf on October 27 and 28 in Dubai to help professionals ensure an efficient credit risk management by developing a solid robust credit risk framework for successful risk confrontation.
In today's changing financial landscape an organisation's ability to effectively monitor and manage its credit risk can mean the difference between success and survival, said senior conference producer at Fleming Gulf Zenab S Husain.
“In light of the challenges posed by rapidly evolving credit markets and unprecedented growth of the Middle East financial sector, effective credit risk management has indeed become one of the most important aspects of a successful financial institution's operation,” added Husain.
“It is imperative that risk managers understand how credit management procedures will be affected by the global credit crunch. In this changing financial landscape, every industry is positioning itself differently to prudently reduce their credit risks and explore opportunities while still maintaining its profitability. Credit losses have always been and remain, by far, the main cause of corporate losses” – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson