Western Union tie-up for Jordan services
Dubai, August 6, 2008
Western Union has tied up with Jordan Post, an agent affiliated with Cairo Amman Bank. to expand its services in Jordan.
Under the tie-up, Jordan Post will offer all Western Union services in its 365 branches in the country.
"Jordan is an important market for Western Union and is a key component in our plans for the GCC countries," said Jean-Claude Farah, Western Union’s regional vice president for Middle East, Pakistan and Afghanistan, as quoted in the Gulf News.
“Jordan Post and the Cairo Amman Bank are both organisations that we can relate to in terms of values, reputation and vision, and we are sure that this is the beginning of a long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationship,” he added.
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Nexus launches Kuwait operations
- Tunisia may delay sukuk issue to next year
- Al Baraka Turk planning $200m sukuk
- Kuwait April inflation climbs to 2.8pc y/y
- Bahrain Islamic Bank names new chairman
- Oman 'must consider fiscal reforms as priority'
- Qatar Exchange to start trading govt bonds
- NBK opens new branch in UAE
- Dubai utility repays $871m Islamic bond
- Investcorp buys stake in Saudi energy firm