Western Union tie-up for Jordan services
Dubai, August 6, 2008
Western Union has tied up with Jordan Post, an agent affiliated with Cairo Amman Bank. to expand its services in Jordan.
Under the tie-up, Jordan Post will offer all Western Union services in its 365 branches in the country.
"Jordan is an important market for Western Union and is a key component in our plans for the GCC countries," said Jean-Claude Farah, Western Union’s regional vice president for Middle East, Pakistan and Afghanistan, as quoted in the Gulf News.
“Jordan Post and the Cairo Amman Bank are both organisations that we can relate to in terms of values, reputation and vision, and we are sure that this is the beginning of a long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationship,” he added.
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- SABB gets Fitch ratings boost
- Saudi SABB prices $400m sukuk issue
- Shuaa Capital gets Moody's ratings upgrade
- QInvest ‘advised on $3.5bn sukuk in 2013’
- Al Hilal Bank wins top Islamic finance award
- Barwa Bank wins top Islamic banking awards
- ‘BPO offers big benefits for Saudi economy’
- Emaar approves bonds-to-shares conversion
- Higher oil production to boost Mena growth
- KHC names new finance chief