ADIC-UBS appoints new CIO
Abu Dhabi, August 31, 2008
ADIC-UBS Infrastructure Investment, the newly formed joint venture between Abu Dhabi Investment Company and UBS Asset Management said it has appointed Vincent Gilles at its new chief investment officer.
The joint venture company is focusing on infrastructure investments within the Middle East, North Africa, and Turkey.
Prior to accepting his new position at ADIC-UBS, Gilles, a 10-year veteran at UBS, was heading the European and Middle Eastern practice of UBS Infrastructure Asset Management (IAM).
He led IAM's recent acquisitions, including a stake in Southern Water and Saubermacher, Austria's leading waste management company. Gilles is a member of the supervisory board of Saubermacher.
He was also instrumental in raising funds for the group.
'Vincent brings two decades of hard-core infrastructure expertise, both on a global and regional level, an imperative asset for ADIC in this time of ground-breaking improvement and change,' said Nazem Fawwaz Al Kudsi, chief executive officer of ADIC.- TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GBSA panel names new chairperson
- NBK group CEO to step down
- SABB gets Fitch ratings boost
- Saudi SABB prices $400m sukuk issue
- Shuaa Capital gets Moody's ratings upgrade
- QInvest ‘advised on $3.5bn sukuk in 2013’
- Al Hilal Bank wins top Islamic finance award
- Barwa Bank wins top Islamic banking awards
- ‘BPO offers big benefits for Saudi economy’
- Emaar approves bonds-to-shares conversion