Qatar Islamic closes $250m Ras Laffan financing
Doha, September 14, 2008
Qatar Islamic Bank said on Sunday it had closed this month a $250 million Islamic financing arrangement for part of Qatar's Ras Laffan power and water project.
The project, which is expected to cost over $3 billion and be completed by 2011, aims to enhance power production to help meet the country's growing demand, it said in a statement on the Qatar bourse website.
The project will generate around 2,730 mega watts of electricity, covering around 30 per cent of the country's needs. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head