Burgan Bank Q3 profit rises 34pc
Kuwait City, October 22, 2008
Kuwait's Burgan Bank, a unit of investment firm Kuwait Projects Co (Kicpo), posted a 34 per cent increase in third-quarter net profit.
Net profit for the three months to Sept. 30 amounted to 19.36 million dinars ($72.29 million), or 20.5 fils per share, after 14.47 million dinars, or 15.3 fils per share, in the same period a year ago, the lender said in a statement on the bourse website on Wednesday.
The lender, which has no foreign operations, gave no explanation for the profit rise. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale
- Iraq Trade Bank to expand into Lebanon, Turkey
- UAE’s non-oil job, output levels surge