GOSI profit falls to $109m
Manama, October 28, 2008
General Organisation of Social Insurance (GOSI) net profit fell to BD41 million ($109 million) at the end of last month in view of the global crisis, GOSI chairman Shaikh Mohammed bin Isa Al Khalifa told a press conference.
Pension Fund and GOSI book value losses were BD112 billion and BD37 million respectively.
Meanwhile, two committees have been formed to decide on benefits and an umbrella law for social security, he said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale
- Iraq Trade Bank to expand into Lebanon, Turkey
- UAE’s non-oil job, output levels surge
- New Bahrain drive to aid young entrepreneurs
- Arabtec $650m rights issue to open on June 9
- LIC Bahrain sees 23pc premium growth in 2012
- Gold slips after Bernanke comments
- Xpress Money offers free life insurance