GOSI profit falls to $109m
Manama, October 28, 2008
General Organisation of Social Insurance (GOSI) net profit fell to BD41 million ($109 million) at the end of last month in view of the global crisis, GOSI chairman Shaikh Mohammed bin Isa Al Khalifa told a press conference.
Pension Fund and GOSI book value losses were BD112 billion and BD37 million respectively.
Meanwhile, two committees have been formed to decide on benefits and an umbrella law for social security, he said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson
- NBK group CEO to step down
- SABB gets Fitch ratings boost
- Saudi SABB prices $400m sukuk issue
- Shuaa Capital gets Moody's ratings upgrade
- QInvest ‘advised on $3.5bn sukuk in 2013’
- Al Hilal Bank wins top Islamic finance award