Qatar's Al-Khaliji buys French bank
Manama, November 6, 2008
Qatar's Al Khalij Commercial Bank said it has agreed to acquire BLC Bank-France for $250 million.
The bank, also called Al-Khaliji, will acquire a European Union-wide banking licence as well as BLC's four branches in the United Arab Emirates and one branch in Paris in the deal.
Al Khaliji said in a statement posted on the Qatari bourse website the rebranding and integration of BLC will be completed over the next six months, with all 130 BLC employees being taken over. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Islamic Development Bank triples capital
- Emirates NBD launches $1bn bond
- Kuwait budget surplus may hit $52 billion
- Peru road shows target Mideast markets
- EFG Hermes Q1 net profit up 27pc
- ADCB sells $300m of subordinated bonds
- Standard Chartered’s credit card wins award
- Emirates NBD seals Dubai tower deal
- Dar Al Arkan raises $450m from sukuk sale
- Barclays advises on equities over bonds