UIB unveils news corporate name
Manama, November 22, 2008
United International Bank (UIB), a Shari’a compliant investment bank headquartered in Bahrain, on Saturday unveiled its new corporate name as 'Seera Investment Bank'.
The change of name is intended to create a more unique identity for the bank and also to reflect its growing presence both in the GCC and internationally, said a bank official.
Commenting on the new corporate name, Asaad Albanwan, chairman of Seera Board, said: “It gives me immense pleasure to unveil Seera as the new name of our bank which is aimed at creating a more unique brand that would support our ability to further grow the Bank in its business undertakings both regionally and internationally.”
'The bank felt that it was important to establish a brand platform that will support its ambitions to further expand its business,' he noted.
“The word Seera depicts a person’s journey through life in Arabic and can also describe a legacy. We feel this sums up the philosophy of our bank, which is to look at investing responsibly and to take a long view of investments and the business as a whole.” Albanwan added.
Emphasizing the strong asset value of the new name, Abdulla Janahi, general manager and acting chief executive officer of Seera, stated, 'This unique name “Seera” will allow us to build a differentiated brand and define a clear vision for the Bank while adhering to the same values and principles which have been the pillars of our growth so far. '
'We believe that a strong brand will allow us to build on our relationships with our shareholders and business partners and assist in our ability to deliver innovative investment opportunities,' he added.
The new logo displays an open book reflecting the bank’s openness and transparency. Each page of the book is shaped like a compass point, imparting a sense of direction and emphasizing the clarity of its overall vision.
Currently entering its third year of operation, Seera has developed a selective yet diverse portfolio that includes significant transactions in the aviation, energy and water treatment sectors.
The unveiling of the new name coincides with the 15th Annual World Islamic Banking Conference (WIBC), to be held from November 23 to 25.
Seera is an innovative sponsor of the WIBC, which is a premier Islamic banking event that is expected to attract more than a thousand market leaders from over 40 countries.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit