NBK named best bank in ME
Kuwait City, November 30, 2008
National Bank of Kuwait (NBK) has been named ‘the Best Bank in the Middle East for 2008’ by the renowned ‘The Banker’, an affiliate of the International Financial Corporation.
The award was presented at a special ceremony held recently in London to honour best banks worldwide. Winning this prestigious reward is another testament to the leading position NBK enjoys region wise, said a bank official.
NBK Group CEO Ibrahim Dabdoub received the award and thanked the support rendered by the bank’s shareholders, board of the directors and employees throughout the past years.
NBK is distinguished among Arab banks by its comprehensive network branches, subsidiaries and representative offices in London, Paris, New York, Turkey, China, Vietnam, Singapore Qatar, Lebanon, Jordan, UAE, Bahrain, Iraq and Saudi Arabia. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Kuwait inflation plunges to nine-year low
- DFM trading hit by technical fault
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years