KHCB tops rankings in region
Manama, December 22, 2008
In a recently published report by The Banker, a part of the Financial Times publications, Khaleeji Commercial Bank (KHCB) was ranked the strongest Bank in the Arab world in terms of Soundness of Capital Assets Ratio.
The Bank was ranked third in terms of Return on Assets. It also moved up 20 places in the overall ranking to take the 67th place among the top 500 Arab banks.
KHCB was recently awarded the Best Islamic Investment Advisory Institution award by the Banker Middle East publication during the Industry Award Ceremony for 2008 which had more than 70 financial institutions nominated by leading regional financial experts.
“This ranking reflects the conservative approach and sound practices that the bank has adopted in its business strategy. The bank has progressed well in achieving its objectives while ensuring the interests of its stakeholders are addressed,' said Ebrahim H Ebrahim, CEO and board member of Khaleeji Commercial Bank.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- New guidelines for Islamic banks, Takaful
- ADS to enter UK in 2014, starts pricing yuan
- Citadel cuts net loss as regional unrest eases
- Saudi inflation edges up to 3.1pc y/y in Nov
- Kuwait's Investment Dar reaches key debt agreement
- Banks on alert over ATM fraud
- Bahrain's economy bounces back on positive outlook
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity