Unido ties up with KFH
Manama, February 5, 2009
The United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (Unido) and Kuwait Finance House (KFH) have signed a MoU to develop investment and technology transfer in clean industries, renewable energies and science parks on a global scale.
The signing ceremony was organised as an integral part of the International Forum on Cleaner Technologies Forum for Economic Development held in Bahrain.
The MoU targets three main objectives. This includes identifying mutual synergies and roles regarding the promotion and commercialisation of science and technology parks worldwide as vehicles for technology transfer and industrial development.
It will also evaluate the possibility of establishing a technology fund to invest in sectors such as clean technologies, marine technologies and water technologies and co-operate on the Unido Green Industry Initiative.
The importance of the MoU is that it will create an intuitional base for Unido and KFH to work jointly in developing investments into this sector.
The MoU follows in line with Unido's strategy in Bahrain and the to promote and stimulate the private sector, governments and financial institutions to embark on investing in green technologies and renewable energy.
KFH and Unido also share the same strategic vision towards facilitating technology transfer to the Arab region through the development of science and technology parks that are being established by KFH.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum