Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank Q4 net plunges 60pc
Abu Dhabi, February 11, 2009
Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank said its fourth-quarter net profit fell 60 per cent to Dh114.7 million after it booked provisions worth Dh152.5 million, missing analysts' forecasts.
The bank's full-year net profit rose 10.7 percent to Dh851 million , compared with Dh769 million in 2007, Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank said in a statement.
Analysts forecast of Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank's fourth quarter profit ranged from Dh230.20 million to Dh246.81 million, according to a Reuters survey last month.
Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank earned Dh736.19 million in the first nine months of 2008 and Dh286 million in the fourth quarter of 2007.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale
- Iraq Trade Bank to expand into Lebanon, Turkey
- UAE’s non-oil job, output levels surge