Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank Q4 net plunges 60pc
Abu Dhabi, February 11, 2009
Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank said its fourth-quarter net profit fell 60 per cent to Dh114.7 million after it booked provisions worth Dh152.5 million, missing analysts' forecasts.
The bank's full-year net profit rose 10.7 percent to Dh851 million , compared with Dh769 million in 2007, Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank said in a statement.
Analysts forecast of Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank's fourth quarter profit ranged from Dh230.20 million to Dh246.81 million, according to a Reuters survey last month.
Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank earned Dh736.19 million in the first nine months of 2008 and Dh286 million in the fourth quarter of 2007.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson