BKIC income rises 30pc to $96m
Manama, February 13, 2009
Bahrain Kuwait Insurance Company's (BKIC) overall income generated by insurance instalments rose by 30 per cent to BD36 million ($95.5 million) last year, up from BD27.8 million in 2007.
Insurance profits increased to BD3 million last year compared to BD1.7 million in 2007, said company chief executive Ibrahim Al Rais.
However, investment profits dropped by 52 per cent to BD1.2 million last year from BD2.2 million in 2007.
Net profit was down by 7.5 per cent to BD3.7 million last year from BD4 million in 2007, he added. The company will distribute a 40 per cent cash dividend to its shareholders.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson
- NBK group CEO to step down
- SABB gets Fitch ratings boost
- Saudi SABB prices $400m sukuk issue
- Shuaa Capital gets Moody's ratings upgrade
- QInvest ‘advised on $3.5bn sukuk in 2013’
- Al Hilal Bank wins top Islamic finance award
- Barwa Bank wins top Islamic banking awards
- ‘BPO offers big benefits for Saudi economy’