Venture Capital Bank to raise capital
Manama, March 5, 2009
Bahrain-based Venture Capital Bank has decided to raise its capital to $250 million.
The bank also announced that it has obtained the licence to launch a company to finance small and medium projects.
Chairman Ghassan Al Suleiman said the bank will launch investment funds in Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the UAE.
Chief executive officer Abdullatif Janahi said the bank plans to build $50 million maternity hospital, our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej reported.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson