Bank Muscat to sell stake in Indian bank
Muscat, March 17, 2009
Bank Muscat said on Tuesday it had sold 40 percent of its holdings in India's HDFC Bank and planned to sell its entire stake.
Oman's largest lender said in a statement on the bourse website that it expected 4 million rials ($10.39 million) to 7 million rials in losses in the first quarter related to its equity portfolio.
Bank Muscat has a stake of about 3 percent in HDFC. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- DFM trading hit by technical fault
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry