NBK net profits from Al Watany up 54pc
Kuwait, March 30, 2009
National Bank of Kuwait (NBK) reported today (March 30) a net profit of EGP312.8 million ($55.4 million) from its Al Watany Bank of Egypt (AWB) operations in 2008 compared to EGP203.3 million in 2007, an increase of 54 per cent.
Return on AWB average assets rose to 2.37 per cent in 2008 from 1.63 per cent in 2007 while return on shareholders equity increased to 20 per cent from 15 per cent.
NBK Group CEO, Ibrahim S Dabdoub expressed his satisfaction at the remarkable financial results and the progressive growth achieved by AWB, pointing out that these results indicate that AWB is well positioned to capitalise on the promising opportunities available in Egypt.
He said that he expects that AWB will maintain the momentum of its ongoing growth and remarkable financial results.
"For the second consecutive year, AWB has proved its ability to make unprecedented growth and post record net profits of EGP 312.8 million, with an increase of 54 per cent against the previous year despite the adverse and unfavorable regional and international situation," Dabdoub added.
AWB,a member of NBK Group, was established in 1980 and has a branch network comprised of 30 branches situated at strategic locations within the various Egyptian governorates and cities. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school
- Dubai non-oil trade surges 10pc to $272bn
- Iran president targets stagflation in first budget
- DFM accredits 2 firms for margin trading
- Kuwait inflation plunges to nine-year low
- DFM trading hit by technical fault
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk