Alubaf Arab Bank gains top $6.6m
Manama, April 1, 2009
The Alubaf Arab International Bank earned a net profit of $6.6 million in the fourth quarter last year, it was announced at the bank's annual general meeting.
'The year 2008 was the first full operational year for Alubaf since its reactivation where the bank commenced its various banking activities in international trade finance, loans and credit in addition to its treasury services,' the bank said.
The net profit for last year topped $8.16 million.
With strong support from its major shareholder Libyan Foreign Bank, Tripoli the bank could increase the capital during the year by $50 million thus bringing the total paid up capital to $100 million. The banks total assets stood at $513 million with equity of $102.5 million.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain