Qatar Islamic Bank Q1 profit falls 23pc
Doha, April 15, 2009
Qatar Islamic Bank made a first quarter net profit of 350.2 million riyals ($96.26 million), down about 23 percent from the year-earlier period.
Net income in the three months to March 31 was 350.2 million riyals compared with 455.56 million riyals in the first quarter of 2008, the company said in a statement on the Doha bourse Web site.
Earnings per share (EPS) were 1.74 riyals as of March 31, versus 2.48 riyals in the same period in 2008.
EFG-Hermes' forecast in a Reuters survey earlier this month was 430 million riyals. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson
- NBK group CEO to step down
- SABB gets Fitch ratings boost
- Saudi SABB prices $400m sukuk issue
- Shuaa Capital gets Moody's ratings upgrade
- QInvest ‘advised on $3.5bn sukuk in 2013’
- Al Hilal Bank wins top Islamic finance award
- Barwa Bank wins top Islamic banking awards
- ‘BPO offers big benefits for Saudi economy’