Qatar Islamic Bank Q1 profit falls 23pc
Doha, April 15, 2009
Qatar Islamic Bank made a first quarter net profit of 350.2 million riyals ($96.26 million), down about 23 percent from the year-earlier period.
Net income in the three months to March 31 was 350.2 million riyals compared with 455.56 million riyals in the first quarter of 2008, the company said in a statement on the Doha bourse Web site.
Earnings per share (EPS) were 1.74 riyals as of March 31, versus 2.48 riyals in the same period in 2008.
EFG-Hermes' forecast in a Reuters survey earlier this month was 430 million riyals. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ADS Securities inks deal with Tunes Group
- EMP expands Iraq card operations
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale