NBK buys 40pc Boubyan shares from CBK
Kuwait, June 14, 2009
National Bank of Kuwait (NBK), one of the leading banks in Kuwait, has signed an agreement with Commercial Bank of Kuwait (CBK) for acquisition of 40 per cent of shares in Boubyan Bank, an Islamic bank based in Kuwait.
As per the agreement, CBK will sell its stake in Boubyan Bank amounting to 220,631,095 shares to NBK for 550 fils per share.
The move complements NBK’s strategic drive to enter the Islamic banking industry that is witnessing high growth potential, said a statement from the NBK.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Nexus launches Kuwait operations
- Tunisia may delay sukuk issue to next year
- Al Baraka Turk planning $200m sukuk
- Kuwait April inflation climbs to 2.8pc y/y
- Bahrain Islamic Bank names new chairman
- Oman 'must consider fiscal reforms as priority'
- Qatar Exchange to start trading govt bonds
- NBK opens new branch in UAE
- Dubai utility repays $871m Islamic bond
- Investcorp buys stake in Saudi energy firm