NBK buys 40pc Boubyan shares from CBK
Kuwait, June 14, 2009
National Bank of Kuwait (NBK), one of the leading banks in Kuwait, has signed an agreement with Commercial Bank of Kuwait (CBK) for acquisition of 40 per cent of shares in Boubyan Bank, an Islamic bank based in Kuwait.
As per the agreement, CBK will sell its stake in Boubyan Bank amounting to 220,631,095 shares to NBK for 550 fils per share.
The move complements NBK’s strategic drive to enter the Islamic banking industry that is witnessing high growth potential, said a statement from the NBK.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Egypt urban inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- Adib honoured for SME support services
- Saudi rallies ahead of 2014 budget speech
- Qatari oil, gas to have limited impact on GDP growth
- Xerox Emirates, Asseco offer banking solutions
- Omani bank rolls out home finance products
- NBAD steps up hiring ahead of Expo boom
- Acuma names new UAE head