Global honours for Takaful Re
Dubai, July 8, 2009
Takaful Re said it has been voted "The Best Re-Takaful Company” at the International Takaful Awards 2009, in recognition of its significant contribution to the development of Re-Takaful market.
The award was handed over to Chakib Abouzaid, chief executive officer during the 3rd International Takaful Summit 2009 awards ceremony in London.
“We are honoured and proud to be recognised by the Islamic finance community for our contribution to the development of Re-Takaful market. The award acknowledges our commitment to supporting the development of the Islamic Insurance and Reinsurance industry," Abouzaid said.
While commenting on this recognition, Takaful Re chairman Khalid Ali Al Bustani, said, “The Award received constitute the benchmark of our dedication to offer Shari’a compliant reinsurance and related services to the growing Takaful and Islamic Insurance market”.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Kuwait April inflation climbs to 2.8pc y/y
- Bahrain Islamic Bank names new chairman
- Oman 'must consider fiscal reforms as priority'
- Qatar Exchange to start trading govt bonds
- NBK opens new branch in UAE
- Dubai utility repays $871m Islamic bond
- Investcorp buys stake in Saudi energy firm
- Tunisia to spend over $1bn to recapitalise banks
- UAE revives proposal to merge stock exchanges
- Saudi non oil exports hit $4.74bn in April