Kuwait cbank cuts repo rates
Kuwait City, July 21, 2009
Kuwait's central bank reduced its three repurchase rates by 25 basis points each on Tuesday but left its benchmark discount rate unchanged, official data showed.
The central bank cut its overnight repo rate to 0.75 percent from 1 percent, and reduced its one-week repo rate to 1.75 percent from 2 percent, while its one-month rate is now at 2.25 percent down from 2.5 percent, the data showed.
Kuwait, the only Gulf state that does not peg its currency to the US dollar, revamped monetary policy tools last year by introducing new repurchase agreements to give banks more access to short-term funding. -Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3
- UAE business activity growth hits record high
- Global Islamic banking assets ‘set to top $1.7trn’
- Egypt back in business, says new survey
- United Arab Bank backs UAE-Turkey business
- Islamic finance 'facing integration challenge'
- Bahrain tops in developed Islamic finance sector
- DME sets new trading records