KFH helps arrange $140m facility for Mumtalakat
Manama, July 29, 2009
Kuwait Finance House – Bahrain (KFH-Bahrain) had played a major role in arranging a five year $140 million syndicated Ijara facility for Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding Company, the investment arm of the Government of Bahrain.
The bank was the sole lead arranger and underwriter for the transaction acting alongside the Liquidity Management Centre (LMC) who acted as Mandated Lead Arranger.
'I would like to thank both KFH-Bahrain and LMC for their world class capabilities, and we will be very happy to work again with them in the future,' said Talal Al Zain, CEO of Mumtalakat.
'Despite the global financial crisis and economic downturn, and the ensuing impact on the GCC region during the year, the bank's involvement in this financing once again underscores KFH-Bahrain's strength and ability to structure similar deals,' added Abdulhakeem Alkhayyat, the managing director and chief of KFH-Bahrain.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gold gains on China demand
- HSBC to launch insurance products in UAE
- Bahrain to host key Arab exchange talks
- QNB to start India operations
- Gulf must consider flexible exchange rate: banker
- Productivity, trade 'key to Bahrain growth'
- Arqaam Capital advises Magrabi on key acquisition
- NBK to fund hospital expansion
- Doha Bank may sell bonds to raise capital
- Reuters launches Islamic finance indicator