QFCRA backs Complinet's compliance summit
Dubai, August 23, 2009
The Qatar Financial Centre Regulatory Authority (QFCRA) has partnered with Complinet to host the 4th Annual GCC Regulators Summit which will take place in Doha on February 22 and 23.
The event is recognised by the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) and financial services community as the essential gathering addressing the unprecedented challenges of promoting compliance and good corporate governance in the GCC.
“We will be encouraging the message that rigorous, world-class regulatory practice is a prerequisite to developing and improving financial services markets in every jurisdiction,” stated Philip Thorpe, chairman and chief executive of the QFCRA.
'The 2010 GCC Regulators Summit will be the most important yet. We are entering a new phase with regulators tightening up supervision and corporate governance becoming a necessity. The main challenge is regaining the confidence of the investor, and proper regulation is fundamental to this process,' added Leas Bachatene, managing director of ME and Apac, Complinet, the organiser of the event.
Each GCC Regulators Summit has welcomed an audience of over 300 senior professionals and Complinet expects an audience of 400 in 2010.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- 14pc UAE GDP 'comes from logistics'
- UAE April inflation eases to 0.9pc y/y
- IDB picks banks for $500m sukuk sale
- BLME eyes 15pc asset growth, stronger Gulf ties
- Bahrain MPs veto national budget
- Bahrain needs to cut public debt urgently: IMF
- DIB ratings receives Moody’s affirmation
- Pinebridge names CIO for Mena, Turkey
- Regulation ‘biggest challenge for CFOs’
- ENBD plans bond sale to boost capital