QFCRA backs Complinet's compliance summit
Dubai, August 23, 2009
The Qatar Financial Centre Regulatory Authority (QFCRA) has partnered with Complinet to host the 4th Annual GCC Regulators Summit which will take place in Doha on February 22 and 23.
The event is recognised by the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) and financial services community as the essential gathering addressing the unprecedented challenges of promoting compliance and good corporate governance in the GCC.
“We will be encouraging the message that rigorous, world-class regulatory practice is a prerequisite to developing and improving financial services markets in every jurisdiction,” stated Philip Thorpe, chairman and chief executive of the QFCRA.
'The 2010 GCC Regulators Summit will be the most important yet. We are entering a new phase with regulators tightening up supervision and corporate governance becoming a necessity. The main challenge is regaining the confidence of the investor, and proper regulation is fundamental to this process,' added Leas Bachatene, managing director of ME and Apac, Complinet, the organiser of the event.
Each GCC Regulators Summit has welcomed an audience of over 300 senior professionals and Complinet expects an audience of 400 in 2010.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- AAIB unit starts crisis assistance travel service
- Abu Dhabi may need to lower industry growth target
- Kuwait credit hits 5-year high; tops $1.3bn
- UAE stocks rally, Abu Dhabi tops 4,000 mark
- Abraaj completes 15 exits in 2013
- Barwa gets top HSE certifications
- Egypt's forex reserves dip to $17.8bn in Nov
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school