Sarasin wins 2 global private banking awards
Dubai, October 28, 2009
Bank Sarasin has been named 'Best private bank for portfolio management' and 'Best private bank for innovation' by The Banker and Professional Wealth Management – two premier industry magazines published by the Financial Times Group.
'The jury was greatly impressed by Sarasin’s submission. Both the awards – for innovation and portfolio management – reflect the bank's unique approach to sustainability and its commitment to integrating environmental, social and governance principles into its investment strategy and management culture,' stated Yuri Bender, editor-in-chief of Professional Wealth Management.
'The awards are a strong endorsement of the way we manage the assets entrusted to us by our valued clients, not only with regard to performance but also in the context of sustainability, which they consider a key investment approach,” said Burkhard P Varnholt, head of the Asset Management, Products and Sales Division and chief investment officer of Bank Sarasin.
Sarasin’s asset allocation decisions in 2008 and 2009 emerged with considerable merit during the recent financial market crisis, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson