Arqaam says working on several M&A deals
Dubai, October 29, 2009
Investment bank Arqaam Capital is working on a multi-billion dollar M&A deal in the Gulf, one of six deals it is looking to conclude, as activity picks up, its director said.
'We are working on a number of mandates, some in-country and some cross-border. We are in discussions with a number of clients in a variety of sectors,' said Michael van Uffelen at the Reuters Middle East Investment Summit.
The size of the deals range from small firms valued at between $10-15 million to a multi-billion dollar transaction in the Gulf, and span a number of sectors, he said declining to give further details.
The remaining five deals are focused in the Middle East and North Africa, with some extending 'slightly further', he said.
'Some could happen faster than six months, some not at all ... but we would hope that the majority of these happen.'-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Al Hilal Bank wins top Islamic finance award
- Barwa Bank wins top Islamic banking awards
- ‘BPO offers big benefits for Saudi economy’
- Emaar approves bonds-to-shares conversion
- Higher oil production to boost Mena growth
- KHC names new finance chief
- UK Islamic bank closes Scottish housing deal
- Egypt banks to stick to non-USD forex rates
- Egypt economy to grow 2pc: minister
- DGCX wins major global awards