Qatar Islamic has $15m exposure to Dubai World
Dubai, December 3, 2009
Qatar Islamic Bank said on Thursday it had exposure to a Dubai World Islamic bond maturing in 2017 worth QR54 million ($14.84 million).
The lender is the first Qatari bank to announce its exposure to the Dubai state-owned conglomerate, which is restructuring debts worth $26 billion.
'The financial impact currently will affect the negative investment fair value reserve,' it said.
'QIB will keep observing the situation and its financial consequences which will be disclosed accordingly.' – Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain