Bank Sohar has $4.3m exposure to Nakheel
Muscat, December 6, 2009
Oman's Bank Sohar said on Sunday it had $4.3 million exposure to a syndicated loan from Dubai World's troubled property unit Nakheel.
In a regulatory filing, the lender said the exposure was part of a syndicated loan, but added it had recently received interest and principal payments as part of the repayment schedule.
Shares of Bank Sohar are down 1.8 percent on the Oman bourse. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson