New acting CEO for Istithmar World
Dubai, January 20, 2010
Dubai World today announced the appointment of Andy Watson as the acting CEO of Istithmar World.
Watson, who earlier held the position of Istithmar World chief investment officer, replaces private equity investment specialist David Jackson who has resigned as CEO to pursue other opportunities, said a statement.
Watson has an extensive background within the Dubai World group and was previously a director with Barclays Capital, the investment banking division of Barclays Bank group.
Dubai World chief restructuring officer, Aidan Birkett, said: “We are pleased that Andy is stepping in as acting CEO of Istithmar World. His experience will be vital in actively managing the portfolio of assets held by Istithmar World.
“We thank David for his work with the company. Under his leadership, Istithmar World expanded rapidly as a private equity investment house during the years before the economic crisis hit. Today, Istithmar World is focused on the steady-state management of existing assets to maximise value rather than on private equity investment.” – TradeArabia News service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3