Honour for Al Baraka subsidiary
Manama, February 8, 2010
Jordan Islamic Bank, a subsidiary of Al Baraka Banking Group, has won the Maqasid Al Sharia Award for Corporate Social Responsibility.
The award is one of nine that Dar Al Istihmar and DinarStandard award annually in co-operation with the Accounting and Auditing Organisation for Islamic Financial Institutions in several areas connected to social responsibility.
'This is further evidence of the the progress made by the bank and its leading position in the Jordanian market,' said Jordan Islamic Bank chairman and president and chief executive of Al Baraka Banking Group Adnan Ahmed Yousif.
'This is reflected by the fact that it was the first Islamic bank in Jordan and the second largest bank in the country.
'Since its inception, Jordan Islamic Bank was committed to comply with the Islamic approach in banking, and this is what drives us to constantly improve our services and upgrade our systems.'-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson