Mashreq Bank to raise bond plan to $5 billion
Dubai, February 12, 2010
Mashreq, Dubai's largest bank by market value, said it plans to raise the size of a euro medium term note programme to $5 billion from $2 billion.
The lender, owned by billionaire Abdul Aziz al-Ghurair, said in a regulatory filing late on Thursday that it would seek approval from shareholders for the bond plan at an extraordinary general assembly meeting on March 7. It did not give further details.
Mashreq made a net loss of 120 million dirhams ($33 million) in the fourth quarter as it raised provisions for asset impairments.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head