$75m Murabaha facility for Turkish bank
Manama, February 18, 2010
ABC Islamic Bank, along with Noor Islamic Bank and Standard Chartered Bank, have been mandated by Turkey’s Bank Asya to arrange a $75 million (and/or equivalent in Euros) syndicated dual currency Murabaha financing facility.
The facility which offers a profit margin of 225bps over the applicable benchmark has been structured as a Shari’a compliant dual-currency facility with a one-year tenor.
Proceeds will be used to fund Bank Asya’s Islamic trade finance activities.
Bank Asya was established in 1996 in Istanbul and operates in accordance with the principles of interest-free banking.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson