QFC hosts insurance summit
Doha, March 6, 2010
The Qatar Financial Centre (QFC) Authority, the commercial, administrative and legislative body of the QFC, is hosting an international business event which will examine the changes in the financial markets since 2008 in Doha.
The fourth MultaQa Qatar conference opened today (March 6) at the Sharq Village and Spa, and will end on March 8.
The event is being attended by top representatives of major international insurance, re-insurance, captives insurance and brokerage firms. The conference is being organised in association with Global Reinsurance magazine, a leading publication for the insurance industry.
This year, MultaQa will reflect on lessons learned and the changing landscape post crisis. It will also take an in depth look at the management of risk as well as sharing new developments in the region and providing an insight for the 2030 vision.
This year’s line up of expert speakers will provide advice on the insurance and reinsurance marketplace. Local and international companies will have the opportunity to interact and foster new relationships during MultaQa. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- ABG units win top Islamic finance award
- Finance House approves 25pc cash dividends
- Qatar 'most expensive country in Gulf'
- Egypt regulator sets rules for index
- Dubai Islamic eyes Kenya, Indonesia for expansion
- ADCB to buy back 3pc of its shares
- GCC insurance growth outpaces developed markets
- Bahrain 'faces budget deficit, inflation challenges'
- Global Payment Services wins key certification
- BBK unveils big India expansion plans
- Kuwait GDP growth to hit 3.5pc in 2014
- Gulf shares tumble over EM exposure cut
- GCC bonds to gain from macro-economic climate
- French Business Council Dubai members up 18pc
- Egypt economy growth seen less strong than thought
- Sharjah approves $4.2bn budget for 2014
- Saudi non-oil sector posts solid growth in Feb
- Seera total income rises to $34m
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator