UNB plans to double share capital
Abu Dhabi, March 31, 2010
Abu Dhabi listed Union National Bank plans to more than double its share capital base to 5 billion dirhams ($1.36 billion) over the next five years, its chief executive said on Wednesday.
The bank's paid-up capital as at Dec. 31, 2009 stood at 2.1 billion dirhams, according to Reuters data.
'We want to give more strength for the bank to play a big role and participate in mega projects,' Chief Executive, Mohamed Nasr Abdeen told Reuters by phone.
UNB received shareholders approved on Tuesday to raise its capital, he added. The bank has the flexibility to raise capital through different means, the chief executive said without elaborating further.
Shareholders will also receive dividend of 10 percent bonus shares that would increase the paid-up share capital of the bank by 206 million dirhams. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook