Global wins arbitration
Kuwait City, April 1, 2010
Global Investment House, Kuwait's biggest investment bank, received two arbitration rulings in its favour on Thursday, sending shares higher after the bourse lifted a trading halt on the stock.
Global's shares closed 3.6 percent higher. They were halted most of Thursday.
The Kuwait Stock Exchange said in two statements Global won disputes against Al Madina for Finance and Investment Co and Kuwait City Holding Co.
It said the arbitration center at the chamber of commerce and industry ordered Al Madina to pay Global $10.01 million in addition to $300,000 in compensation.
Kuwait City Holding was ordered to pay 11.57 million dinars ($40.15 million) plus 400,000 dinars in compensation. The bourse statement did not provide details about the disputes. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Gulf stocks surge as Fed tapering adds fuel to fire
- SABB launches graduates programme
- NBAD names key official for Hong Kong
- Commercial Bank of Dubai obtains $450m loan
- EFG Hermes names group co-chief
- Islamic bond issuance in GCC picking up
- Kuwait budget surplus likely to hit $42.4bn
- Bahrain banking sector on road to recovery
- GCC banks' outlook stable, says report
- GBSA panel names new chairperson